Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Photoshoot

For my birthday*, I was given a voucher for a photo session. It’s taken about 6 months for me to get round to booking this**, and today I finally went to get the photos taken.

Now, anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a poser – point a camera at me, and I will pose – which I maintain is because I look so awful on any un-posed photos, so you would think that this would be a doddle for me. But I found myself feeling very self conscious and nervous when I got to the studio. The photographer was very nice, and chatted with me to get me to relax, but I knew I was hard going***. It didn’t help that I didn’t feel I was looking my best, as I’m so tired at the moment.

I’d decided to wear one of my current favourite outfits, (black, turquoise, purple – the usual colours!) - but had taken other options with me, though I never actually took them out of the car.

I’m not sure what I expected a ‘photoshoot’ to be like – the only professional photos I’ve had taken before are my graduation photo, and a photo that was done when I went for a magazine makeover a few years ago – but there were quite a few of us then, and no one got much individual attention.

All the time he was taking photos, the photographer was chatting away. I guess you could say we covered wide ranging topics, from the best places to eat and drink in York, to Krakow, and gradually I found myself relaxing.

At the end of the shoot, we did some ‘fun’ shots, which in fact meant being a bit theatrical. Of course, I felt more comfortable here than in any of the previous poses, as suddenly I was ‘on stage’ and performing to the camera. I think I just needed a few props!

I don’t get to see them until next week, by which time he’ll have hopefully have edited out the horrid ones. He gave me his price list as I was leaving. I get one photo in with the shoot. Looking at the prices, I doubt I’ll be buying very many more!

* that’s last year’s birthday, not this
**I had to lose weight before I could even think of any photos!
***I think it was a reflection of the cr**py week I’m having. Last weekend was fabulous, but I am paying for it by being knackered as I followed it with three hectic and very long days of work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home