Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Holiday mood

I am on holiday. This next week, I am off work. All week. Although I’m not going away for more than a couple of days, suddenly I found myself in a holiday mindset. And to me, this means one thing. Spending money.

Now I know that I have quite enough clothes, in quite enough different sizes, that really I needn’t buy anything for a few years. But when I’m asked in Monsoon if my very pretty (and bargainous) skirt is for anything special, I say no, it’s just because I like it. It’s reason enough.

As I emerge from Monsoon, I recall a conversation with J that I’d really like a new camera. I cross the road into Currys, and they have the one that I’d seen two days earlier, only it’s cheaper here. It seems like a sign. I exit from the shop grinning, with my new camera in its posh little box. I have to go for a coffee. In an exchange of texts, Cat quizzes me ‘haven’t you got enough cameras already?’ I rationalise that while I have 3 perfectly adequate cameras (if you include the phone) this one serves a different purpose. It’s handbag sized, so perfect for just carrying around.

I can’t wait to use it this next week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home