Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, August 20, 2007

Culinary skills

Please don't judge me by what I'm about to relate. You see, I broke my tin opener the other day.

Now, despite what you may think, I don't live out of tins, but sometimes they are essential. Easy enough to get another one, you have thought. Not when it's a Sunday.

You see, I'd decided to have one of my 'made up' curries. This involves a tin of sauce 'cos, you know, the jars you get tend to have pieces of things like (yuk) onion in them! It would also involve some tinned veggies. So, I collected all the ingredients, and went to find a tin opener. There weren't any. Oh yes, they were supposed to have two types, but they didn't have any. Clearly there had been some sort of tin opening related crisis in York this weekend.

Hmm, what to do? Yes, I could have bought something else, but my brain doesn't work like that. For some reason, I ended up in B&Q 5 minutes before it closed. I'm not sure why I thought a DIY store would have a tin opener, but I did, and it didn't.

I arrived home with ingredients, but no way of getting into them. And, by this time I was hungry. Time to raid the cupboard. I found a sachet of marinade, and decided that would do.

So, pork, potatoes, green beans, and marinade all ended up in the pot together. It tasted surprisingly nice!

And, today, I still need to find that tin opener.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home