Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, June 23, 2006

What's in a name?

Quite a lot it seems. I've been having computer trauma all day, and anyone who knows me knows that that IS NOT GOOD!

Just at the point when I have loads that I have to finish over the next few days, my email account decided to become unobtainable on my computer. It's accessible from elsewhere, oh yes, but here, no, it doesn't feel like opening! So, to try and clear it, I deleted all my internet files and cookies (still not sure what biscuits have to do with computers, but there you go) as that worked last time. Only, this time it didn't, and I found myself having to go round to a friend's to get onto my email. The only good point of this was that as it was Friday lunchtime, we did what you should do on Friday lunchtime, and went to the pub.

Anyway, all this meant that Blogger didn't remember me when I tried to log on. Could I remember what my user name was? You wouldn't think that there were that many permutaions of a name, but it seems that there are, and I went through most of them before I got back. In the process I discovered that they'll send you an email to help you get back on line - which didn't actually help, as it's gone to the unaccessible email address - and that some time ago I set up another Blogger account that I've never used.

The upshot of all this is that I've lost most of the day, and turned down an invitiation to go to see a play tonight - which is never good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home