Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Strictly Update

Yes, I’ve been a bit quiet on the Strictly front this year, haven’t I? Probably because it’s *whispers* a bit boring this year.

For the first few weeks I watched, trying to find my favourite. No one sprang out from the start, not like other years. Then Jade and Ian danced their Viennese Waltz, and I vocalised that I thought I’d found my favourites (well, Ian always had a bit of a head start). I even voted for them one week, after they’d landed in the bottom two. I also decided that I had a very soft spot for Chris and Ola, because whilst they’re not the best dancers, they are just so cute.

Then there was last week, with its catalogue of disasters. It’s almost like Brucie’s absence put a jinx on the whole thing. Firstly we had Jade’s knee injury, and then Laila’s ankle, (which I’m thinking may have actually saved her, as the thought of a romantic rhumba with Anton frankly makes me feel a bit queasy).

There was then a week of will Jade/won’t Jade be able to dance. I felt so sorry for her when they finally had to pull out, as the poor girl was clearly absolutely gutted, and almost too upset to speak. And then it all got just a little bit dull, as they were really the only ones who were seriously challenging the ‘top two’.

We’re now down to 5 couples, with 4 weeks to go which means, barring a rule change by the BBC*, we’ll have a two person final again, and the judges will get to decide one of the final two. I can’t see it being anything other than the Hollyoaks Twins, Ricky and Ali. Both are good dancers, but oh so dull. Brian, I quite like (faint praise there), Ricky’s partner, Natalie, I can’t bear**

Now, a Natalie Cassidy/Chris final, that might be fun! Sadly it won’t happen.

*Like they’ve never done that before, have they?
** I was with Len on ‘Liftgate’. It would have been appropriate in a final showdance, not in the American Smooth.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home