Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Birthday Blog

12 April - An eventful day

Information I'm sure no one but me ever wanted, but you get it anyway:

1606 The Union Jack was adopted as the flag of Great Britain

1861 The American Civil War began

1954 Bill Haley and the Comets recorded Rock around the Clock

1961 Yuri Gagarin was the first man in space

Birthdays

Alan Ayckbourn

David Cassidy

Claire Danes

Bryan McFadden

Nicholas Brendon (included because, tho probably most readers won't have heard of him, he was Xander in Buffy, and as you know, I was just a bit obsessed with that series)

Edward de Vere (Earl of Oxford and Shakespearean pretender)

And

Me

Of the above, I’ve seen one (at Istanbul airport, where he had less fans than Griffin), and had lunch with one (in Scarborough)

Not a bad selection, though

Its also the Feast Day of Saint Zeno of Verona (whose church I’ve been to, and was quite bored, as it rained, and I wanted to get into the town and to Juliet’s balcony, which bizarrely links with 3, above, who, of course played Juliet)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home