Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, September 23, 2011

The 'bottle it' moment

Every year, on holiday, there is a moment where I consciously think ‘this is the moment I want to save for later’. The moment that I can recall when I’m sitting shivering in the depths of winter, looking out at grey skies, and feeling like it will never be sunny again. I can think back to those saved moments, and remember how it felt. The sun on my back, the relaxation, the experience.

Over the years, they’ve come in various forms. A trip in a boat from Cassis in Provence to the Calanques, drinking a cocktail in Palma. Last year, it was sitting by the sea in Bodrum, eating lunch, with a view of both beach and castle.

This year, it was drinking tea in the garden of La Mamounia. So peaceful, the only sound was the birds in the trees. So quiet too, I started to wonder if anyone could actually afford to stay there. Tranquil, elegant and wonderful. A world away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. No rush, no hurry, and remarkably affordable.

Sheer bliss

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home